Thursday, 13 December 2012

Netflix's impact on Canadians


Dear Netflix,

As a Canadian, it’s very disappointing to find a very limited selection of movies on your service while our counterpart – The United States has a plethora of options to choose from. Here and Canada were forced to choose from dated, B – List movies with a handful of good ones, while in America they get to choose from everything, making Netflix’s service great. Now this wouldn’t bother me so much if your impact weren’t as strong as it is. You see, because of your convenience you’ve practically destroyed movie rental stores, making it more and more difficult to watch the movies I want to watch. See, without being able to watch movies that I want to see with your service, or not being able to rent them – I have two options, buy the actual movie or download it online. Selecting a movie to watch once on a Saturday night shouldn’t cost someone $30 - $40; witch would leave only one option – to download it. Seeing as I support the whole movie making business, I do not want to download it, and I won’t. The problem is not everyone would share these same morals, meaning Netflix is almost forcing people without proper access to download movies online. This not only harms the film industry, but it means fewer sales for you guys to. I understand that many production companies don’t want their movies to be able to be streamed to Canada for various reasons, but please try and find a way to let us watch our favorite movies, you’ve taken that privilege from us and we want it back. 

geekbeat.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment