To Microsoft,
It’s time you and I had a sit down and had a nice long talk.
I’ve been subscribed to your services for over 7 years now, paying around $50 +each year for them. That means I’ve spent over $350 alone just to use the
online capabilities of my Xbox. Don’t you think that’s enough money to at least
hear what I’ve got to suggest? Your competitor – Sony, they have a free online
service for their PS3 and I understand that it doesn’t have the abilities that
Xbox Live does and it’s loaded with exploits and isn’t always running, I get
that – but what I don’t get is why they’re “Hub” or “Dashboard” isn’t loaded up
with advertisements like ours is? We pay you each month for a premium service,
a service that shouldn’t force-feed us advertisements each time we turn on our
Xbox. I understand that the advertisements generate revenue that is used to pay
for the serve fees of Xbox Live, but charging us monthly and showing us ads?
Well that’s just plain greedy. Now if you really must show us the ads/sponsors
at least don’t make them take up 75% of the dashboard. What you guys have done
with the dashboard design is great, however the tabs that we actually use the
most are completely hidden. The game I want to play’s button is reduced to a
little tiny square hidden in the top left hand corner while an advertisement
triple it’s size is blasted front in center. Switch them! We shouldn’t be
paying monthly to look at advertisements, that doesn’t make sense. Now if Xbox
Live was a free service, I would be completely fine with Ads, but it’s not –
it’s a paid subscription that should give it’s users premium features.
http://sticktwiddlers.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment